Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Your Weekly Writing Exercise--Pick One Memory


A writer from Minneapolis emailed me: "I just came across an idea for your writing exercises. You may have heard of it already, but it's a new one to me and has me quite intriqued as to how I'll write about it. It was in the [Minneapolis] Star Tribune under theatre performances."

Here's the exercise, from Workhouse Theatre Company: "You are passing through to eternity, and you must select one memory you can take with you--of everything you've ever done, felt or thought. You have one hour. Choose."

Cool idea. Use it for your writing this week. What memory--of everything--would you take with you? Write about it. Click here to learn more about Workhouse.

2 comments:

  1. I like this exercise. I wonder what people would write about if they could only bring the memory of one dream along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blog. It is inspiring and useful Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and wisdom on our loved and oft-hated journey of writing.

    ReplyDelete